Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 29 of 30 Day Painting Challenge

Carousel #4
7x5" oil with palette knife

Okay, next to last day to post and my horse feels a bit childish, but free-spirited. I am working on "The Artist's Way: a spiritual path to higher creativity" by Julia Cameron and invite you to join me through my blog. If you think you could never be creative, then you may need this course more than you think. I want to encourage more people to get outside their self-contained limitations and find their creative self. 
There is no charge for this class and you will come away feeling more energized and ready to try new things.

This 30 day painting challenge has taught me so many lessons. Crystal Cook really made it clear through her blog. Not every painting can be a masterpiece (like this one shows).
You often will feel pressured and drained unless you make time for your creative artist self.
Family time still needs to be more important than posting a painting everyday.
It's about the journey, not the destination!

I do plan on doing more regular paintings, but I'd really like to spend my weekends doing one large one rather than the small ones I sweated over. I also prefer loose paintings, so tomorrow's post will surprise you for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment