Thursday, March 7, 2013

Recovering a Sense of Safety

We must confront our negative beliefs. Have you ever said these things to yourself?
1. Everyone will hate me.
2. I will hurt my friends and family.
3. I will go crazy.
4. I will abandon my friends and family.
5. I can't spell.
6. I don't have good enough ideas.
7. It will upset my mother and /or father.
8. I will have to be alone.
9. I will have only one good piece of work in me.
10. It's too late. If I haven't become a fully functioning artist yet, I never will.

When we expel the negative, we must replace it with positive affirmations.
1. I am a channel for God's creativity, and my work comes to good.
2. My dreams come from God and God has the power to accomplish them.
3. As I create and listen, I will be led.
4. Creativity is the Creator's will for me.
5. My creativity heals myself and others.
6. I am allowed to nurture my artist.
7. Through the use of a few simple tools, my creativity will flourish.
8. Through the use of my creativity, I serve God.
9. My creativity always leads me to truth and love.
10. My creativity leads me to forgiveness and self-forgiveness.
11. There is a divine plan of goodness for me.
12. There is a divine plan of goodness for my work.
13. As I listen to the creator within, I am led.
14. As I listen to my creativity I am led to my Creator.
15. I am willing to create.
16. I am willing to learn to let myself create.
17. I am willing to let God create through me.
18. I am willing to be of service through my creativity.
19. I am willing to experience my creative energy.
20. I am willing to use my creative talents.

Putting these things into practice can be difficult, but are essential to growing into the creator you were meant to become. Keep writing your morning pages (3 free-flow writing) and keep your weekly artist date in order to give yourself priority. As you begin to confront the negative, you will be able to replace it with positive. It will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment